We’re a leading UK vertical farming company who have spent almost a decade growing salads at three vertical farms, bringing customers restaurant-quality leafy greens that stay fresher for longer. Salads are just the tip of the iceberg – our future is more farms, more crops, and the technology to make vertical farming the norm.
We are looking for a Quality Leader to work at the heart of the manufacturing operation, where you will be supporting the site in producing delicious food products by providing first-hand quality & technical support, ensuring site compliance and day to day task.
The position is a blend of supporting the teams in ensuring the site is conforming to customer and BRCGS standards and handling daily quality checks.
- Ensure compliance to BRCGS and Retailer Standards and ensure all procedures & policies within the Food Safety and Quality Manual are adhered to
- Responsible for document management system Responsible for complaint investigations, technical data gathering
- Manage the site Internal Auditing to include GMP, glass, wood and other physical audits and support the team for improving standards
- Ensure checks, such as temperature & weighing equipment, are carried out as per procedures
- To develop and maintain systems for New Product Development, recording results from trials and using the data to manage and create the relevant documentation (QAS, Specification, Analysis)
- To complete and assist with customer specification data bases
- To provide training for new starters and to develop training when needed like microbiological sampling, etc.
- To collect data for the quality / technical KPI
Day to day
- To ensure and inspect all finished products are produced, packed, and labelled per customer requirements. Ensure paperwork accuracy.
- To ensure CCPs, traceability systems for inputs, work in progress and finished products, and all other process control parameters are being followed throughout the site, suitably monitored and under control, and provide the relevant training
- To develop, implement, manage an appropriate regime for the microbiological testing of product and environment by dealing with external laboratory and be responsible for the monitoring, update, and an analysis of the sampling plan (microbiological, Environmental, water)
- To maintain appropriate regime for shelf-life, customers testing, laboratory testing, and ensure that accurate records are maintained
- To develop and assist the Team to maintain systems for monitoring the specification of inputs and packaging material intake, ensuring quality standards and specifications are maintained
- To lead investigations with the relevant team and root cause analysis for all non-conformances and customer complaints
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a great business – you will be onboard one of the fastest growing and most exciting businesses in the vertical farming industry
- Be part of a great team – you will work with and learn from a friendly, smart, growing, and passionate team who care about each other and the business
- Grow yourself – a chance to develop yourself and make the role your own as the business and team builds, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level
- Share our passion for driving change for good – sustainable production is at the heart of what we do and we’re on the journey to B Corp certification