POSITION IN ORGANISATION
The job holder will have the following direct reports:
- Performance Co-ordinator L5
- Crewing Co-ordinator L5
- On shift GO's
- On shift MT's
The job holder will have the following matrix reports:
- Quality Co-ordinator L5
- Maintenance Engineer L5
- To manage the on shift team, driving excellence in their work and continuously striving for improvements in working practices.
- To recognise future demands on the shift team and drive readiness to meet these needs.
- Incident and regulatory visit controller.
- Responsible for the balanced scorecard delivery on shift.
- Manage shift stakeholders ensuring timely and effective communication- e.g. to Senior Operations Manager on days.
- Responsible for key people processes on shift e.g. talent reviews, disciplinaries, development for targeted individuals, roundtables, pay review & other communications.
- Act as the point of contact for any non-executional, task based shift requirements.
- Responsible for overall GEMBA across all areas of the shift.
- Responsible for coordinating the 12 hourly QCDM escalation meeting on shift.
- Deliver performance management processes for L5 coordinators, including PDR, ACE Career Conversations.
- Provide absence cover for opposite shift operations managers.
- Responsible for Safety on shift.
- All line management activities up to and including dismissal.
- Daily escalation decisions following SIC processes.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong management experience of leading large teams.
- Ability to operate within a matrix environment (demonstrates POM behaviours).
- Flexible, 'can do,' attitude to role and duties.
- Results driven and understands the link between action & results.
- Excellent communicator with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to influence upwards and across in the organisation.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to prioritise.