Food Safety Technician
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Support with validation activities of production lines and CIP systems: visual assessments; microbiological, ATP and allergen swabbing; water sampling; CIP parameter assessments.
- Support with environmental monitoring of the production facility: water sampling; air plates; visual assessments.
- Primarily in charge of delivering the internal CIP process, both efficiently and effectively, without compromising H&S or food safety, including auditing of the recording system.
- Carry out hygiene related activities across the Peterborough manufacturing site accurately and methodically, ensuring health and safety, food safety and quality standards are met.
- Autonomously set up, run and operate specified cleaning equipment in all areas such as the packing or processing and production areas.
- Responsible for specific specialist cleaning tasks and operating dedicated equipment such as cherry picker, foaming units, cleaning equipment as required.
- Responsible for the use of practical knowledge and application of site approved chemicals.
- Accurately complete all necessary documentation as required.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures, carrying out duties following Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations, working within ‘safe systems of work.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Ability to operate dedicated equipment such as cherry picker, foaming units, cleaning equipment as required.
- Assist with the training of other employees in cleaning methods, as necessary.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills e.g. English & Math Nonlevel / GCSE equivalent and / or equivalent work-related experience.
- Food Safety Level 2/3, HACCP Level 2/3.
- Experience with closed loop CIP systems and chemical dosing preferred.
- Practical knowledge and experience food production sanitation with an experience in a food hygiene department with a mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in both high care and low care food production cleaning and sanitation with some work-related engineering experience preferred.
- Practical experience in the full strip down and maintenance of food production equipment including pre and post inspection documentation and personal standards auditing preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously, without direct supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of motivation and commitment to maintain a daily high standard of work.
- Hands on approach with a strong willingness to learn and attention to detail.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.