New Product Development Manager
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Manage and prioritise the timely and accurate response to development briefs which supports the Company’s Business Strategic plan.
- Play an active role in the introduction of new products both internally and in our customer’s facilities.
- Manage the Health & Safety and Health & Hygiene requirements of laboratory to ensure policy and legal requirements are always met.
- Manage staff development programs to improve overall technical capability.
- Take hands-on responsibility for key development programs which require experienced technical input to support the growth and maintenance of our business. This includes on bench activity, plant trials and packaging set up.
- Use principles of food science and raw material knowledge to oversee, develop, track, and properly formulate new or improved products.
- Interact with suppliers and the general marketplace to ensure up to date ingredients and technologies are employed in new developments.
- Take responsibility for managing and improving the R&D systems and procedures appropriate to the successful launch of new products.
- Proactively search out solutions through new technologies/innovations.
- Explore benchmarking and competitor products – understanding differentials/advantages.
- Frequently communicate with Marketing, Commercialisation, Sensory, Test Kitchen, QC, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Co-Pack to ensure that the New or Improved Product process is executed correctly.
- Assume a customer facing role in customer meetings, presentations, store support, trials, and project updates.
- Oversee Cost reduction Programs for relevant client, ensuring appropriate support by R&D teams maintained and initiatives delivered.
- Relevant experience in a hands-on technical product development and management roles.
- Relevant hands-on bench development experience in salad dressings, condiments, and sauces relevant to our portfolio (or broader category food environments) alongside culinary knowledge/credentials and relevant technologies.
- Graduate or equivalent, Food Science or related subject.
- Able to demonstrate commercial mind-set with focus on driving sales/growth through delivery of activities to timeline and cost.
- Sensory experience - able to understand, manage and apply data output
- Working knowledge of HARA/HACCP systems.
- Able to demonstrate sound understanding of the development process and how it links to the business, including on-line plant trials. .
- Maintaining company standards for administration, health & safety, GMP.
- Communication skills – articulate, confident communicator, with an ability to resolve conflict and communicate ideas and solutions in a changing environment.
- Language skills – a second European language would be of benefit.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results orientated.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.