About The Role
Our Technical team are a very important team when it comes to Morrisons Manufacturing. It's down to them to ensure we're legally compliant from a food safety point of view. Our sites are super busy, ever-demanding and our standards are high - keeping our Technical team busy every day.
Reporting to the Shift Technical Manager, you will:
- Monitor, control and audit the production process
- Ensure that conformity and non-conformity are communicated, followed up and closed off.
- Investigate any food safety incidences applying route cause analysis and ensure that the day to day site technical function is achieved
- Support the site management team during any external accreditation such as BRC and Morrisons manufacturing standards
- Ensure that the site production is supported during the launch of any new product line
As well as a keen eye for detail you will also need:
- The confidence to challenge with a proactive and ‘can do’ attitude
- To be a team player and an effective communicator
- Good PC skills (especially Google)
- Food experience in a technical or similar type role.
- A HACCP qualification or a food safety qualification (ideally)
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.