MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST - PRODUCTION PLANNER
About The Role
The Manufacturing Specialist - Production Planner will be to generate a production plan for all produce manufacturing to deliver outstanding customer availability. Utilise all available information and tools to help maximise the end to end profit of the manufacturing process and support the category to plan and co-ordinate delivery of raw material including packaging & finished goods in line with customer requirements. You will build strong relationships with all internal stakeholders and external parties to continually improve business efficiencies.
- Gather information and insight to continuously improve production planning
- Ensure all plans are correctly built for the department, challenging where appropriate and ensure all plans are kept updated and accurate
- Improve relationships with 3rd party freight forwarders to ensure deliveries are on time in full
- Review supplier performance and identify any improvements and challenge process to make the required changes to improve availability
- Attend and contribute to all weekly, monthly and seasonal meetings, ensuring all analysis and reports required are completed comprehensively and accurately, whilst following up on any actions required.
- Be fully conversant with all orders processing through the systems for the department and any new orders being proposed and the effect they could have on stock, sales, margin and budget figures
- Constantly review opportunities for business improvement and efficiencies.
As well as the ability to work at pace you must also:
- Ability to adapt to change i.e. new planning / forecasting systems
- Strong innovative thinker who will challenge the norm with key influencing skills to assist in selling your ideas
- Clear communication skills – you will be liaising with a variety of people internal and external.
- Ability to champion pace, change and simplicity
- Strong organisational and planning skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinking and flexibility to change direction & adapt to a dynamic workload: from heavy multitasking during peak periods to very focused, detail oriented work leading to critical continuous improvement projects
- Strong numeracy and computer literacy skills with Advanced Excel and Google sheet experience
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company pension, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.