This is an exciting chance to work for an outstanding food importer and distributor in the UK who supply a wide range of branded products across multiple diverse categories. They are now seeking a proactive Quality Technologist to ensure the safety, quality and legality of their products. This role will be hybrid working and can offer flexible working hours.
In this broad head office role you’ll report to the Technical Manager and be responsible for providing technical support to the business. This will include:
· Reviewing the Quality Management Systems to ensure that it is robust and in line with business needs
· Compiling, reviewing and updating product specifications to ensure food safety, legal compliance and quality requirements
· Managing and responding to customer complaints; analysing and reporting monthly trends for the senior management team
· Managing the product sampling schedule; evaluating and reporting non-conformance
· Assisting with the benchmarking and analysis of new products, ensuring technical compliance to specifications as well as nutritional and shelf life requirements
· Liaising with customers on all Technical requests and queries in a timely manner
· Keeping up with the latest food legislation as well as customer and company standards, communicating any changes and driving continuous improvements.
Suit a Food Science or Technology graduate who has technical or quality management experience gained from a food manufacturing or retailer environment. You’ll have a working knowledge of quality management systems, product specifications and managing customer complaints.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, organisation, and prioritisation skills with amazing attention to detail. You will be eager to expand your knowledge in a fast-paced and supportive environment, but also be able to be self-sufficient and take on responsibility as the role develops.
If you are a team player with tenacity and the drive to develop your career with a supportive company then we’d like to hear from you. Apply now or call Jodie on 0345 2600 737 for more information.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.