Shift Manager – Days – GU PUDS
4 on 4 off shift pattern
Based Bishops Stortford
Competitive basic + benefits including Pension & Perkbox
Gu Puds are currently expanding their Bishop’s Stortford site with an additional production line and are looking for a Shift Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Production Manager, your responsibilities will include:-
- Liaise closely with the Planning Team to ensure that production plans are optimal and achievable prior to being issued. Manager and motivate the production supervisors ensuring that they are sufficiently skilled and capable to fulfill the requirements of their roles.
- Conduct daily production meetings at the start of the day and on the shift change including other departments (Planning, Technical, and engineering. Monitor production efficiency (OEE) and produce performance information by production and packing live.
- Ensure that all technical procedures and policies are robustly adhered to in production.
- Conduct regular technical (GMP) audits and liaise closely with the technical team on non-conformance.
- Maintain high standards of safety within production and actively encourage a safe culture.
- Conduct regular safely audits in conjunction with the Health, Safety, and Environment Manager
- Ensure that all production staff maintains high standards of hygiene and housekeeping, adapting a clean-as-you-go philosophy at the end of the shift.
ABOUT YOU: You will have previous experience in immediate line management responsibility for a production line or the entire production workforce. A brilliant relationship builder is critical.
- Possess a BTEC HNC/HND or degree in food science/technology, process engineering, business/management and or/transport/distribution/logistics
We are the original pud pioneers.
Since 2003, we've been filling homes with ramekins of restaurant-quality, wickedly indulgent desserts.
From Day One, our talented pâtisserie chefs have made every single pud in our very own kitchens, using only the most decadent ingredients, and now we have a range that includes Cheesecakes (some of which also come Free-from!), Hot Puds, Mousses and our new lower calorie Lights range, all of which come in our packaging which is fully recyclable, although we know most of you love to keep the ramekins and re-use them at home!
If you're ever wondering if a Salted Caramel Cheesecake is acceptable at 11 am; just know that somewhere, somebody is tucking into a Gü every single second ...
APPLY: Trust your impulses you should be part of our talented team. Email your cv to us via the apply button quoting reference 3049/269fmj.
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details