Born in Italy, but raised in Walthamstow, our client is a unique dessert manufacturer, who hold their family values at the heart of their company and everything they do. Having recently gained more popularity with supermarket brands such as Ocado and Tesco, they are looking to expand their passionate, small knit team, seeking a Production Operative to join them on their incredible business journey as they grow and develop.
About The Role
Your main responsibilities will see you:
• Weighing, measuring and mixing wet and dry ingredients and using continuous machines
• Using horizontal batch freezers, pasteurisers/mixing plants
• Ensuring accurate recording for traceability, expiration, allergens
• Assisting the management of workflow for Packing/Production, ensuring correct operational, H&S and foodsafety procedures are strictly followed
• Maintaining a constant focus on excellent food safety, quality, and hygiene standards
• Ensure a quality driven and efficiency approach, highlighting optimisation ideas
• Communicate and work effectively with colleagues across the business.
Hours/ Shift Pattern
• Monday – Friday (no bank holiday or weekend working)
• Flexible hours between 6am - 8am start time for 40 hour week
Experience/ Skill Set Required
• Must have food manufacturing experience
• Warm and engaging team player
• Excellent eye for detail and precision
• Problem solver and able to stay calm under pressure
• Energy, drive, and high achievement focus
• Food safety qualifications and experience (minimum Level 2)
• Experience/ knowledge of allergens
• Italian speaking would be advantageous but not essential.
• 22 days paid holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
• Annual salary reviews
• Basic Pension including 10% shared option
• Free onsite parking
• Excellent break out facilities, including free fruit and barrister style Italian coffee
• Monthly socials to local brewery’s
• Quarterly company meetings with free breakfast or lunch
• New Product Development and flavours involvement, including taste testing and feedback sessions
• Potential to be sent with all expenses paid to Italy for specialised training (depending on the candidate).
Sound Good? Then what are you waiting for!
Ref Code: FM40445
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.