The business is an international supplier of services to the food industry and it is an exciting time to join this global leader and work with some of the best known customers in the food industry.
My client is looking for a Business Development Manager with all the traits of a professional sales hunter. The role requires proactive behaviours to convert leads into sales and would suit someone from a technical sales background who is looking for a fast paced, dynamic environment.
The purpose of this position will be to generate profitable new business and to exceed new business targets in line with business plans. Developing and managing customers as well as ensuring a planned approach to customer relationship management is in place in terms of identifying and strengthening revenue, relationship building and ensuring customer retention.
- To generate profitable new business in line with the overall UK & IE strategy.
- To develop opportunities to increase revenue generation with existing customers.
- To ensure a planned approach to customer management; protecting existing revenue, relationship building and customer retention.
- To sell the company’s services and products to ensure the achievement of targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and overall business objectives.
- To generate prospects, follow up leads, attend sales meetings, develop quotations and convert quotes into new business.
- To undertake price reviews and annual renegotiation of commercial agreements.
- To produce reports for the Commercial Director.
- To ensure that the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and any other systems utilised by the company are maintained with up to date information.
- Input on reporting, forecasting, planning and market intelligence plus new business initiatives.
- To provide marketing information to the management team on competitor’s activity and new business opportunities.
- To input into the development of the company's sales and marketing strategies, in identifying market sectors, new business opportunities and threats to the business.
- To work closely with the Marketing Team on developing marketing initiatives to generate new business.
- Experience of working within a technical sales role, in food manufacturing or a related sector
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience of pricing and negotiation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent business and industry acumen, with a commitment to providing the best customer service
- Understanding of quality and technical standards
- Excellent presentation skills, with proven networking ability
- Problem solving, adaptable and able to sell into a diverse customer base
- Time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Science based degree would be advantageous but not essential
- Be able to work autonomously in a fast-paced industry
- Current and valid driving licence
- This is a full-time position
Ref Code: FMW40296
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention Lisa Fox.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion