A growing business, who have ambitious plans for further growth in the next few years. Developing state of the art processing plants with the most up to date technology our client prides themselves with high quality standards and investing in their colleagues as well as the community around them. They are now seeking a Category Manager as an essential part of the commercial team.
The Category Manager will support on the delivery of the commercial objectives with a particular focus on category strategy and activity. A focus on the management and delivery of market data and actionable insight across multiple sources supporting both internal and customer-focused activities.
Working with the wider commercial team (including Commercial Managers, NPD and Packaging) to further develop the short and longer-term commercial strategy across different territories, channels and product categories.
• Plan and advise on category activity and strategy
• Line management of a Category Executive
• Establish and manage strong category working relationships with all customers to include the delivery of day-to-day workstreams such as periodic reviews, range reviews and NPD briefs
• Work closely with commercial managers and NPD to devise and deliver initiatives to drive total market growth and customer specific plans to increase sales and profitability
• Manage and deliver market and consumer data and insight from multiple sources including IRI, Kantar and IGD
• Ensure continued evolution of market and customer analysis through enhanced category segmentation and definitions
• Support internal communication of the market and specific performance in a structured format
• Support the continued development and delivery of the marketing strategy through multiple communications channels
• Travel to other company or customer off-site meeting locations will be required from time to time
• Experience within FMCG Category & Insights role or within agency between 3 and 5 years
• A passion for the food industry
• Excellent understanding of data management and analysis across platforms such as IRI, Kantar and IDG
• Ability to derive actionable insights
• A relentless curiosity in understanding the 'why' behind the 'what'
• Commercial acumen
• A driven, self-starter able to establish, foster and build great customer relationships
• Well-developed communication and influencing skills
• Able to represent the company strongly both internally and externally
• Strong team and 'can do' work ethic
• Well organised and clear methodical ways of working
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel & PowerPoint
Ref Code: FMW40412
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lisa Fox.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.