NPD & Process Technologist
£27,000 - £30,000
Prepared, High Care Food
Job ref: 8130
This successful food processing business creates, develops, manufactures, and markets a delicious range of high-quality products and ingredients for customers in the food and beverage industries.
About the NPD & Process Technologist job
This is a brand-new position that has been created due to the company’s success and expansion.
The purpose of your role will be to contribute to the company’s growth strategy through new and existing product development and the launch of exciting products that will delight customers.
- Manage product development briefs from concept or approved kitchen recipes all the way through to launch.
- Manage traded goods projects from supplier sample evaluation through to receipt of stock to the warehouse.
- Recipe development as and when necessary and submission to taste panel for approval.
- Carry out process evaluation and creation of production process sheets and Quality Attribute Sheets (QAS).
- Evaluation and approval of all new ingredients and packaging.
- Recipe upscale and production trials.
- Evaluation of chemical parameters and any other preservation techniques to optimise quality and shelf life.
- Creation of samples for taste panel sessions as required.
Skills & experience required for the NPD & Process Technologist job
- Experience in NPD/product development, process control or a similar role in food or beverage manufacturing.
- Preferably educated to a degree level in food science, food technology, nutrition or related scientific subject.
- A background of working in fresh, chilled, high-care food products preferred, ideally with knowledge of pasteurisation/heat process.
- Understanding of food safety, preservation techniques and HACCP.
- Proficient in relevant Microsoft skills especially Outlook and Excel.
The NPD & Process Technologist job is based in West London and is paying £27,000 - £30,000 according to your experience.
The business offers a fantastic benefits package to all their employees including:
- Annual salary review
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Life assurance (following 3-years’ service)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Long service awards
- Free parking on site
- Up to 40% discount on company products
- Plethora of employee benefits available via the online portal
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 7 am - 3.30 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the NPD & Process Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
New Product Development Technologist | NPD Technician | Food Product Developer | Food Product Development | Food Science Jobs | Food Manufacturing Jobs | Food NPD Jobs