Never heard of Muntons? Let us introduce ourselves. For 100 years, we’ve been producing high-quality malt and malted ingredients for some of the most famous, and well-loved brands around the globe. It’s safe to say that with customers ranging from multinational food and beverage producers to craft brewers and distillers, you’re likely to have tasted our products already, without even knowing it!
You’ll find our headquarters and main manufacturing site on a 45-acre on the outskirts of the historic and bustling market town of Stowmarket in rural Suffolk with our other production sites in Yorkshire and Thailand. We also have sales offices in Asia, Europe, and America. We're passionate about malt and malted ingredients, and pride ourselves on delivering enjoyment to people’s lives by creating more of what they love. In 2022, we continue to be leaders of sustainability in our field and look to the future and celebrate our past.
About the role:
We are seeking an engaging Shift Production Manager for our Malted Ingredients manufacturing team. You will:
• Lead the team of 9 operators across 4 manufacturing areas to ensure manufacturing processes are safely under control, all products are within specification and delivered on time in full.
• Tap into the abundance of knowledge around you and convert this into improvement plans that bring positive change and increased profitability.
• Work collaboratively within your Shift Production Management team to ensure smooth shift transitions and deliver improving hygiene and GMP standards.
• Ensure the training and development of your team and support their engagement and to create a flexible team that can react to business needs as they happen.
• Demonstrate leadership with hands on support when needed but actively solve the issues that pull you away from strategic leadership.
Working hours to average 37 ½ per week on a 4 on 4 off pattern (10.5 hr shifts inc. 60 mins unpaid break earlies and lates’) to include bank holidays and weekends.
The ideal candidate will
• Have a minimum 5 years management experience in food/beverage production, FMCG or pharmaceutical. Experience in a brewing environment would be advantageous but not essential.
• Be highly driven with a proven track record of improvements in operational effectiveness.
• Have direct experience of H&S, Performance management, HACCP, COSHH, Hygiene/GMP.
• Have experience of continuous improvement and delivering BIP projects.
• Understand “recipe/process” is king mentality and be determined to deliver right first time every time.
• Be analytical and able to gather and interpret data as part of RCA.
• Have a proven ability to work under own initiative at pace with accuracy.
• Be excited by a great opportunity to lead a small team for an excellent rate of pay and conditions.