PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies serving more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
Every day millions of people in the UK enjoy our oats, snacks, juices and beverages. The 4,500 strong team behind these household names is spread across our 10 UK sites. Our vision is to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. Behind this vision lies a passion for sustainability and a commitment to doing business in the right way. We strongly believe that integrating purpose into our business strategy will be the key to our future success.
Join the world of PepsiCo Supply Chain, our Skelmersdale manufacturing site is a key part of the Walkers portfolio producing a wide range of snacks such as Snack-a-Jacks and Monster Munch. It is a fast paced and ever changing environment, we can go from idea to implementation in a matter of days. You will be inspired by the drive of your team and feel a true sense of connection and comradery with your colleagues who are proud to work at Skelmersdale.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Direct reports: None
Working Hours: Continental shift pattern (3/2) working 12 hour shifts. This will rotate between days (06:00-18:00) and nights (18:00-6:00) averaging 42 hours per week.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer (internally known as Shift Technician) you will provide Engineering Technical support to the site manufacturing operation, delivering optimum plant reliability and performance through an effective asset maintenance and CI programme whilst working on a rotating continental shift pattern.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Carrying out planned and preventative maintenance using Electrical, Control System and Mechanical Engineering skill set.
- Support site Reliability agenda: Identification of failure modes and trends, complete root cause analysis (RCA) processes and drive / deliver the agreed actions.
- Proactive fault prevention and continuous improvement activity to deliver key maintenance KPI's.
- Support and coaching of the Manufacturing Technician (MT) groups to develop their technical skills.
- Provide support to and involvement in site Project and Change Initiatives (CI's) as appropriate.
Contractor Control: Support site contractor activity through issuing Permit to Works and review of risk assessments and method statements (RAMS).
What we are looking for:
- Indentured time served apprentice with an Electrical bias holding (as a minimum) 18th edition
- City & Guilds 2391 holder
- Understanding of SCADA control systems, computer systems, networking
- PLC experience required. Allen Bradley and/or Siemens an advantage
- Ideally a multi-disciplined engineer with FMCG experience
- Lean experience and control skills are ideal but not essential
- Experience of leading and coaching a team
- Excellent influencing, presentation, communication and decision making skills
- Strong team player who adopts a continuous improvement approach
- Computer literate
Salary & Benefits:
- £48,525.12 (inclusive of 23.5% shift allowance)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday (with the option to buy/sell holiday)
- PPE provided by the business
- Free parking on site
- Staff discount shop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised Canteen
- Long Service Rewards
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.