Job Title: Quality Auditor
Newberry International Produce Ltd are pleased to present this opportunity for a motivated and adaptable Quality Auditor to join our multi award winning frozen fruit, smoothie & vegetable manufacturing company currently based in Newent but moving to a new purposed built state of the art facility in Ledbury in 12 months time.
As part of our technical team, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all company’s policies, procedures, training and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for the products and development processes, you will be responsible for promoting food safety and good manufacturing practices.
Your main duties will include:
- Carrying out established test procedures for quality control of products to a high degree of accuracy and repeatability. Working with the department leads - you will play an instrumental part in developing and implementing our in-house SOP’s and food safety risk assessments across multi-functional departments. This will require you to take full ownership of information gathering across all department functions of the business, to assess the information and implement it into our SOPs.
- Communicate effectively within the Technical department and the wider manufacturing teams.
- Work closely with the QA Manager to develop appropriate training material which is compliant with BRC and company standards.
- Undertake training and competency assessments.
- Ensure the production environment and our internal auditing standards are maintained to an audit ready standard by working closely and effectively with the departmental teams.
- Perform / oversee quality checks on incoming raw material and finished goods. Create X-Ray / Checkweigher programs for new recipes and become an Xray / Checkweigher Champion.
- Manage environmental and product monitoring and be heavily involved in positive release procedures.
- Prepare customer samples and assist with NPD projects.
- GMP and other Internal audits assistance.
- To be part of the technical project development team, to work alongside key stakeholders in developing and implementing site wide projects.
- Any other reasonable request from the Technical and Factory Management.
- It would be advantageous to have a food manufacturing related qualification.
- Have been employed within a Technical / Quality Function for 1 – 2 years.
- Have a good understanding of BRCGS and food retailer codes of practices.
- To be able to communicate both verbally and written in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Previous experience of working with or implementing SOP’s.
Personal Attributes and Disposition:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with colleagues.
- Dependable, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Self- motivated.
- Positive disposition
- Problem Solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible attitude
- Able to prioritise workload
- Remain calm under pressure
The right person will be able to support and encourage the company values and positive culture that exists across the entire business. This role would suit an ambitious candidate as it has scope for career progression as the company and production facility continues to grow.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: £11.00 per hour
Monday to Friday – alternating shifts. (very occasional Saturdays if the business requires it and then paid at a higher rate)
Current shift pattern is 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm. Overtime is depending on production requirements.
Due to the shift patterns, applicants must either be within walking distance or have their own transport.