Salary Details:Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
Shift Details:5 over 7 - Days
Work Level:Work Level 2
About The Role
We are recruiting for an Agricultural Compliance Advisor to join Chippindale Foods, our award winning egg packing business in Flaxby, close to Harrogate, Knaresborough and York. The Advisor - Producer Support will work in our Production department and will be responsible for ensuring all egg production is of the highest standard and fully compliant with both industry and Morrison’s standards. You will be the frontline representative of the business on farm, supporting and advising on best practice.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Regular audit of farm/producer sites ensuring they are compliant with Lion code, RSPCA Assured Morrison’s own vermin and salmonella standards
- Undertake bird welfare inspections on all flocks and accurately report to BEIC and Head Office
- Support producers as required to maximise efficiency and throughput, working closely with them to help maintain and improve quality and technical standards
- Coach new producers on the compliance standards they will need to attain
- Ensure all farm paperwork is filled out accurately and in a timely manner
- Promoting a strong sense of teamwork and contributing to weekly meetings
- Ensure full liaison with the transport department, ensuring they are fully informed of all progress in a timely manner
- Daily review of all grading results and monitoring of egg quality
Our newly extended site covers 105,000 square feet. Our operation here involves grading eggs from 1.6 million hens which come from our 57 farms. Here our operational team on site ensures we achieve the highest quality standards and provide free range and organic eggs at cracking prices. Our agricultural team works hard to make sure our hens out on farms are well looked after and enjoy the highest possible welfare standards.
As well as being extremely organised. You will also:
- Have worked in a similar role, within a fast paced manufacturing environment, ideally within food manufacturing or even better, egg production
- Ideally have experience in the Poultry industry
- Ideally have an agriculture background and will have associated agricultural qualifications
- Be able to work at pace to deliver accurate results, and will be a strong communicator with people at all levels
- Have a strong commercial understanding
- Good awareness of bio security measures across farms and site as well as health and safety
- Good computer literacy
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer a Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK with up to 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.