This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Lead the team to high performance in line with McCormick’s standards and cultural framework through effective coaching and facilitation, set clear expectations & goals, prioritizes team losses, remove team barriers, provide regular performance and talent feedback to employees and rewards, and recognizes performance achievements.
- Direct and support the daily management of the team to prioritize work and achieve goals (Safety, Quality, PR, Cost, Service). Creates an atmosphere of 100% compliance to operational processes and procedures (SOPs), health & safety practices, world class manufacturing practices (GMP), and 5S / Visual Factory standards.
- Build the planning and organize the work for direct reports, in the best work conditions. This includes recruitment, on-boarding, employee development and workforce planning.
- Build and optimizes the production planning with Scheduling department.
- Participate in technical skills improvement of the team (owned by Technical Team leader).
- Actively participate and is source of proposals for the performance improvement of the area.
- Utilize problem solving tools and TPM methodologies to continually improve equipment and processes. Lead root cause analysis when required for failures that meet the applicable threshold.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Relevant experience in production environment.
- Team leadership experience.
- Experience working in TPM or Lean environments preferred.
- Participation in Supply Chain Academy - Leadership Experience preferred.
- Certification within the production and/or inventory field preferred. Certification focused on supply chain operations preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage and organise a varied workload effectively, utilising available resources and achieving deadlines.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.