Senior Production Raw Material Scheduler
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, dynamic and proactive Production, Supply Chain or Materials Planner who has experience within a high volume-manufacturing environment to join us.
Newberry International Produce is a key supplier to the Manufacturing, Retail, and Food Service sectors in many countries. We import, export & manufacture products all over the world and this is an exciting time to join the team as our customer and supplier base continues to expand.
Due to the expansion and growth of Newberry International we are due to move into a new purpose-built production facility in Ledbury during 2023.
- Schedule raw materials & manage stock inventory across the entire business to meet the needs of our manufacturing sites & customer demands.
- Sequencing of the production schedules across our UK and European site to maximise efficiencies in setup times and work order release, as well as creating the Master Production Schedule in line with capacity and customer demand.
- To organise the placement of purchase orders with our logistics team to fill the MRP requirements each week.
- To hold weekly raw material & stock meetings with other departments in the business to make sure all needs and demands are met and on schedule.
- Balance customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements on time and in full.
- Develop Master Production Schedule to generate requirements for manufactured and purchased raw material while ensuring desired inventory levels are maintained.
- Monitor progress against the schedule through frequent contact with production, making adjustments as necessary, according to Service priorities and constraints. Maintain close contact with other departments across the business, advising them of any critical exceptions, shortages or obsolescence risk.
- Manage the return to vendor of agreed non-conforming goods, following up appropriate documentation, to enable other departments to track corrective action / complete Root Cause Analysis.
- Manage use of inventory within agreed targets, while meeting Customer Service and inventory targets within cost constraints, producing management reports as required. Provide raw materials forecast to other departments as necessary.
- Work with the Production Manager on Material variance control (BOM vs real, trends, weekly reports, loss analysis). To oversee all stock takes within the company and to ensure the highest level of accuracy practically possible is achieved in conjunction with the Stock & Stores Manager.
- To manage the stock aspects of SAP including regular reviews, and audits of stock items, price and all key details.
- Negotiate with suppliers on ancillary items used in production like cardboard and film.
- Develop, create and train through SOP’s for your department.
- As we are moving to a purpose built state of the art production site during 2023 we are currently looking for a new system that can be used across the entire business, you will have an integral role in supporting the business with this system move. Then once the new system is fully implemented you will take a principal role in the maintenance, development, updating and control of SAP, including MPS and MRP.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience within a similar production planning/scheduling manufacturing environment.
- Extended knowledge of MRP and ERP experience. Ideally including implementation of ERP or significant upgrade from one program to another
- Inventory forecasting, developing master production schedules, and reducing scheduling variances.
- Good negotiation skills in a purchasing environment.
- Excellent Communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills especially email communications and Excel.
- MCIPS or studying towards MCIPS would be an advantage but not essential.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong People Management skills
- Atleast 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent Career Progression – Ideal candidate will have aspirations to progress.