Opportunity to develop your procurement skills in a complex and fast-paced business dedicated to creating a positive workplace.
Do you have energy, enthusiasm, and resilience in abundance? My client is a complex and fast-paced procurement business who provide innovative and unique procurement solutions, they need an experienced Buyer who is ready for a challenge.
This could be your chance to join an organisation that places its people, their development, and their successes at the forefront of everything that they do. It's an exciting time to join them on their journey to become the number one procurement company in the UK.
As a Buyer based in either Surrey, Cheshire, Or West Yorkshire you will be supported by your manager in the creation of sourcing strategies for a number of food categories, completion of tender documentation, publication and evaluation which will drive value into my clients customers business.
What will you be doing?
- Drive value through innovative procurement solutions
- Provide sourcing insights that will deliver cost saving
- Execute best practice sourcing and manage procurement processes
- Conduct industry analysis to provide insight for sourcing strategies
- Identify and recommend sourcing opportunities through analytical insight and be accountable for the results and outputs of your sourcing programmes
- Ensure a safe supply chain for my clients customers
To be considered for this role your skill set will cover;
- Procurement experience
- Previous experience of creating sourcing strategies
- Experience of running tendering activities end-to-end
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work with a number of data platforms and systems
- Ability to analyse and evaluate requirements and feedback recommendations to stakeholders
- Experience of building strong and lasting relationships
- Ability to influence, engage, negotiate, and communicate at all levels
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Management Information Systems
- Comfortable working in a pressurised, deadline driven environment
You will stand out from the crowd if you are educated to degree level or hold CIPS qualifications, experience of working in the food industry, and are competent using procurement platforms including Jagger and Cognos.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and package along with a clearly defined career pathway, access to L&D programmes, and progression opportunities to support you in your long-term career aspirations.
If you are passionate about results and delivery then click apply to send over your CV or get in touch for details