Site Technical Manager 55k
- Responsible for continuously working with all departments towards improving quality and food safety standards in order to increase the quality of service and reduce complaints.
- To manage the day to day aspects of the site based technical function including the site based process development function.
- To ensure all materials supplied by us meet Quality, Safety & Legality standards through control of trial processes form NPD to factory launch across the business, and manage the needs of all customers by maintaining accurate product information and specifications.
- Follow all the Company’s Health & Safety rules and guidelines at all times;
- Responsible for effectively managing the QA team.
- Responsibility for ensuring key technical KPI’s are driven in the factories.
- Ensuring internal and external customer requirements are achieved and continually improved with regard to products post launch and issues arising from visits and audits.
- Ensuring that all retailers COP’s are adhered to and any changes are implemented and effectively communicated to the wider business
- Providing a strong quality assurance presence in production and working collaboratively to resolve challenges and improve ways of working
- Ensure that customer and legal requirements are maintained for compliance at all times.
- Monitoring the standards of hygiene, housekeeping, food safety, traceability, allergen management, legality and quality, through thorough audits.
- Carrying out investigations of process/quality failures and customer complaints to identify timely and effective corrective/preventative action to root cause.
- Thorough trending and pro-active approach required in order to deliver the best results
- Lead the HACCP teams, driving the process through the business and ensuring fully up to date at all times. Actively participating in all technical meetings.
- Lead internal Food Defence system ensuring risks are identified & mitigated with all relevant stake holders
- Leading customer and third party audits as required, ensuring top grades are achieved - good knowledge of BRC and customer codes of practice is essential.
- Day to day management of the technologists, technicians and process function. Including collaborative working with the specifications team.
- Deputising for and assisting the Head of Technical
- Ensuring that procedures and systems are best in class and best practice sharing is undertaken at all times
- Maintaining and updating the QMS system, being instrumental in writing procedures and updating associated risk assessments in line with customer requirements ( allergen RA etc) , following through with training and education of teams as appropriate Upkeep and maintenance of internal audit program.
- Carry out audits against BRC and customer COP’s; and follow up / closure of non-conformances raised within agreed timescales.
- Managing the factory non-conformance log, highlighting trends and ensuring closure of actions
- Compose, Implement, train and maintain systems to ensure compliance to legislation and retailer COP’s.
- Play a pivitol role in ensuring factory standards are adherent to all customer Cop’s and related industry standards
- To provide technical support to the NPD function, supporting the NPD process, providing technical guidance to ensure safe, legal and compliant products are developed
- To research and investigate technical advances and opportunities for improving performance (e.g. technical integrity, product quality, process controls)
- To be involved with process development activities to ensure technical integrity is maintained. Close working relationship operationally to ensure trials are completed and communicated fully, raising issues early and providing solutions.
- To ensure the successful delivery of the development cycle by providing relevant information at weekly project meetings, and those associated with our gated development process.
- To ensure all relevant technical matters relating to customer / product are formally communicated to the appropriate personnel within the business.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with customers.
- Overseeing all customer product information needs • Leading & coordinating first production visits from Technical perspective
- Training plans and delivery as required
- Carry out tasks upon request from Head of tech / Tech Director
- A Strong Food Safety and Quality background.
- Relevant QA and systems experience in a food manufacturing background.
- Able to demonstrate Quality Management experience.
- A good understanding of HACCP (level 3 or above qualification), BRC, hygiene and internal auditing is essential.
- Internal Auditor qualification.
- Educated to a degree level in a food related discipline.
- Experience working with the main retailers
- Level 4 Food Safety Certificate
- Understanding of Concept to Launch in line with retailers NPD & EPD processes
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Specifications Technologist position send your CV to email@example.com
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.