Our client, a family-owned food manufacturer, is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician for their site based in Nottinghamshire. The successful candidate will be supporting the technical and production teams ensuring all quality requirements are adhered to and maintained.
Reporting to the Group Technical Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Auditing of people, products, systems, procedures, and documentation to identify areas of (possible) non-compliance and ensure the necessary corrective action is taken Completing scheduled tasks and audits, such as GMP, GHP Maintaining calibration of all critical site equipment Maintaining quality related records in an orderly manner to allow efficient filing, retrieval, and archiving Isolating suspect finished goods for decision on disposition, based on risk assessment Carrying out customer/consumer complaint investigations Auditing of quality procedures during production Maintaining the Non-Conformance system, carrying out monthly trend analysis Maintaining hygiene standards by following cleaning schedules and keeping work areas clean and tidy by adopting ‘Clean As You Go’ principles Maintaining food safety related audits e.g., glass and Perspex / hard plastic, personal hygiene at the prescribed frequency Carrying out traceability exercises as per procedure Conducting projects as directed Adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures Supporting customer visits & audits Completing routine tasks as per schedule i.e. swabbing, air plates and product sampling in line with schedules, sending to lab and investigating OOS results Providing CoA and CoC for products made on site
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience in a similar QA role or a Food Science / Technology qualification
- Reliability is a must!
- High attention to detail to ensure quality standards are met
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced food production environment
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ideally degree level (or equivalent) in Food/Dairy science
- Advanced level HACCP
- Advanced Food Hygiene
- Strong time keeping skills
- A driving licence and own vehicle is preferred due to the location of the site
- Family-owned business Diverse range of products and food ingredients Modern, well-invested manufacturing facility Award winning products
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 6am – 2pm with flexibility to meet the needs of the business, some days could possibly work 8am to 4pm. The salary for the role is circa £25k per annum.
If you are interested, please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4642 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.