Ashby de la Zouch (Home of Hula Hoops, Space Raiders, Skips and more)
Days based role , Mon to Fri (no shifts)
As our Maintenance Lead, you’ll play a pivotal role in the production line team. You’ll be the lead Maintenance Engineer for the area and be part of a management team of 3 (Process Lead, Maintenance Lead and Line Lead).
The Maintenance Lead is responsible for defined processes within a dedicated area of the site to reduce or eliminate the costs that are caused by maintenance of equipment and machine downtimes. As a management team, you’ll review losses within the area, develop action plans and deliver sustained improvement results. Acting as the Engineering specialist on your shift, you will be a crucial resource and will have the opportunity to be involved in many projects and initiatives.
You’ll be an excellent coach and motivator, with significant, demonstrable experience in this area. Some of your day-to-day/regular activities will include:
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling DMs (Daily Maintenance) for the lines
- Drive a proactive culture for health and safety challenging unsafe practices.
- Review and prioritise any reported incidents/stops within the last 24 hours
- Plan the maintenance and repair work for the next 24 hours and complete during scheduled downtime
- Provide updates during DDS (Daily Direction Setting) on any PM’s (Preventative Maintenance) being conducted in the next 24 hours
- All overdue work orders are up dated, classified and processed according to meet the urgency and priority
- Prepare and lead the scheduling of the maintenance work for the next week during the weekly maintenance meeting
- Budget responsibility for ensuring repairs budget is managed effectively.
- Prepare the schedules for monthly maintenance work as dictated by the annual maintenance plan and as previously identified during the monthly meeting
- Update technical documentation
- Development and updating of the annual maintenance plan.
*Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 8am until 5pm*
The multi-award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
We are also incredibly proud to have been named as one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies and one of the Top 10 Food & Drink Companies to work for in the UK (via Best Companies)
In order to be successful in the role, you’ll need certain skills, experience and knowledge, including:
- HNC/HND or Degree in an Engineering discipline (ideally with an electrical bias)
- Continuous Improvement (CI) experience
- Proven strong engineering and problem-solving skills
- Experience of utilising Lean tools and techniques
- Preferably manufacturing experience