Continuous Improvement Team Leader- Oakthorpe
Who are Arla Foods?
- We are the UK’s largest dairy company and of the biggest globally.
- We are a farmer owned cooperative which means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We are the creator of household brands such as Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak®, Castello®, and many more of your favourites!
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at our Oakthorpe Dairy which produces award winning milk and cream. The site is soon to receive a large investment over the next 18 months with more on the horizon, making it a great time to join the team!
What you will be doing in the role
As the CI Team Leader, you will be managing the LCO team on site which train coach and mentors Operators and Team Leaders within the production team to drive safety, quality , OEE and actively promote creative innovation . You will have overall responsibility for overseeing CI (continuous improvement) projects which will aim to reduce unplanned downtime and reduce speed losses to optimize the line performance.
Other duties include..
- Chairing weekly CI meetings for planned downtime, speed loss, structured problem solving and improvement tools Coaching and mentoring of the line team to ensure all performance KPIs are met with regards to performance on safety, quality, performance loss, OEE, waste and sustainability Responsibility of leading strategic transformational change on site in relation to performance within production and engineering teams Identifying breakthrough improvement opportunities & Facilitating Kaizen workshops Work closely with other Production Team Leaders and report directly into the Production Manager Be responsible for defining , improving and process confirming operational standards including OAC Ensuring implementation of 5S standard across the site
What we are looking for
- Excellent analytical , oral , written communication , interpersonal and organisational skills
- A person with strong facilitation and communication skills The ability to think and act both strategically and tactically A “System thinker” – someone with the ability to see and understand the big picture You will need to have experience of OEE and the systems that generate OEE data You must be able to demonstrate tangible results from change management We are willing to consider candidates from any manufacturing or FMCG background for this role A Lean or Six Sigma qualification would be preferred, although this is not essential
What we can offer
This is a days based Monday to Friday role which is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Want to apply?
We are so excited to welcome you to the Arla family.
Please apply via this advert or our careers page.
If you have a question about the role, then please contact Rachel McDaid
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?