TECHNICAL MANAGER - PRODUCE (12 MONTHS FTC)
Work Level:Work Level 4
Job Type:Full Time Fixed Term
Advertising End Date:18 May 2022
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join our Produce team. You will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance at the heart of the trading teams. This role ensures safety, legality, quality and integrity of Morrisons Own Brand products. The outcome is that customer’s safety is protected and prosecution/ brand damage is avoided.
- The role works across a number of trading areas – these will be product category specific.
- Typically, the role involves managing a number of supplying sites across over 20+ countries, and up to 100 products.
- The role requires close working relationships with At Source, RDC and Morrisons manufacturing site teams.
- Plan and implement the Morrisons Quality Check programme to assess product consistency and drive improvements
- Review customer complaint trends, social media posts and media reviews to identify product issues and implement the product withdrawal and recall processes if appropriate
- Ensure that there is a formally agreed product specification in place for Morrisons own brand products.
- Develop and issue clear and concise technical standards, policies, procedures and communications for your key stakeholders
- Build supplier relationships in the UK and around the world that drive loyalty and prioritisation of Morrisons orders at times of supply difficulty.
- Complete the technical selection process including risk assessment to authorise approval status to new suppliers and products to Morrisons.
- Assess the supplier integrity programme for your product area, monitoring performance of suppliers against key KPI’s and work with the trading team to ensure the category is working with the right suppliers and manufacturing sites
- Verify that all supplying sites are routinely audited against an approval standard
- Maintain the delivery of the end to end quality process in your product categories and consult with trading team
- Conduct timely investigation and instigating the product withdrawal and recall processes
- Provide commercially sensitive, objective, technical expertise and advice in categories in order to improve profitability
- Provide safe, legal, ethical and successful products that are launched right first time against an agreed critical path
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Science Degree or equivalent
- Postgraduate experience in industry including working with suppliers
- Working knowledge of HACCP to deliver product safety
- Ability to identify risk and manage to an acceptable level (brand risk, customer safety)
- Ability to influence business decisions that impact on product safety, integrity and quality
- Control of supplier approval through audit - formal qualification desirable
- Checking product quality to uphold customer expectations
- Tenacity to follow up and resolve issues
- Expert Produce/ Horticultural product knowledge through industry experience
- Review supplier capability and implement approval plans as required
- Incident management and recommendation of actions
- Both breadth and depth of experience in specific product areas
About The Company
We're foodmakers and shopkeepers. Together, #WeMakeMorrisons. We work as one team to help feed the nation and make sure people can get the food they need. It’s all of our jobs.
As the only UK retailer with our own manufacturing business spread across 18 sites, not to mention nearly 500 stores, we’ve lots of opportunities for you to play your part. So, whether you want to make the freshest food, sell it, or even join us in our head office, we’d love to meet you.
With all the support you need to be your best, you won’t just help us make Morrisons - you’ll build a rewarding career for yourself, too.
We're a diverse and inclusive employer. We don't just say it, we show it. Everyone is welcome at Morrisons!
Here’s what we’re offering.
Our office teams enjoy a ‘4 day working week’. The working pattern is 4 days per week of 9 hours per day. There is also a requirement to work 1 in 4 Saturdays/ or 13 per year (6 hours).
In return for your hard work, you’ll get a great pension, private healthcare (applicable roles), 15% colleague discount and 10% for 2 friends/family, money off at over 850 retailers with My Perks, and much more.