Senior Global Contract Manufacturing Manager
UK & Central Europe
Arla House, Leeds (Power of the mix: WFH + office)
Monday - Friday
Full time, permanent role
Do you want to boost your career in a dynamic and global FMCG company? We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Global Contract Manufacturing Manager to join our International Manufacturing team of 4. You will be working from home with some requirement to be in our head office based in Leeds. As a Snr. Global Contract Manufacturing Manager you will be reporting into the Vice President of International Supply Chain.
This role supports the UK & CE markets to realise the effective and efficient supply of food products that cannot be manufactured within Arla sites for many varied reasons. It includes the sourcing and onboarding of new third party supply partners or contract manufacturers & packers, ensuring that these partners work consistently to the high Arla Foods manufacturing standards, KPIs and contractual arrangements we agree with them.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Using your personal network, existing suppliers within the business and other available tools you will be researching and sourcing suitable contract manufacturing supply partners who are capable of manufacturing or packing products that the business want to supply our customers
- You will work co-operatively with many internal departments to ensure the requirements of the product or customer can be met and that the chosen supplier can meet Arla’s standards of supply and manufacturing – this will include but not be limited to QEHS, NPD, Innovation, Brand Managers, Business Managers, Planning and Logistics teams
- Managing both internal and external stakeholders is also a key aspect of this role – projects can be extensive, lengthy and complex and it is important to be able to maintain traction, progress and interest from all parties involved. You will be looked upon to lead projects and be seen as the ‘go to’ person for all contract manufacturing projects.
- You will need to be strong and organised in this as you will be managing multiple projects in different markets and different product categories simultaneously
- You will personally champion Arla’s Sustainability Strategy within the Contract Manufacturing supply base globally ensuring progress towards our aligned sustainability goals
- Work co-operatively and effectively with colleagues to implement the Global Contract Manufacturing 2026 Strategy
- You will be responsible to monitor ongoing performance of all your contract manufacturers against set KPIs and lead performance reviews with them throughout the active supply period to ensure the high performance levels are met
The type of person we are looking for will:
- Experience managing Global Contract Manufacturing in a similar size, fast paced FMCG business
- Be strongly decisive and able to make decisions that benefit the end-to-end supply chain throughout Arla with an adaptive and flexible approach
- Operate competently in a matrix operation and be a confident influencer among peers and senior stakeholders
- Possess strong project management skills A confident written and verbal communicator – you will be working with owners and senior leaders of businesses on multi-million £ / € projects
- Commercially astute and always having Arla’s best interests at heart from a Farmer Co-operative perspective
- General understanding of dairy specific finance models will be advantageous but nevertheless a good aptitude for understanding and interpreting financial data is required
- Be comfortable in a manufacturing operational environment and be able to challenge practices and standards when on site
- Be an advocate for Sustainability and be passionate about driving sustainable change throughout the contract manufacturing supply chain
- Prior knowledge and use of PowerBI will be useful in this role
- Confidently be able to work independently and remotely from your Line Manager and team colleagues – be highly self-motivated
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.