Salary: £55,000 to £65,000
Benefits Package: Bonus 20%
£8400 Car Allowance
25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
Flexible benefits package
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
Onsite Staff Shop
Who are Bakkavor:
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Spalding operates three factories on the same site in Spalding, Lincolnshire, employing over 600 people. These factories specialise in making salad accompaniments such as coleslaw and pasta salads, sandwich wraps and food to go salads as well as a soups, sauces, dips and meals.
We are recruiting for a dynamic and hands on Hygiene Manager to take full accountability for Hygiene department to ensure Hygiene, Microbiological and H&S standards are met across the Spalding site. You will be an established Hygiene Manager with knowledge of Health & Safety and COSHH in the food industry with the ability to enhance the team’s abilities with fresh ideas brought into the business.
Job Responsibilities and Duties;
• Driving and implementing significant change and improvement in cleaning efficiency and effectiveness Responsible for the Hygiene management team to deliver hygiene sustainability through effective coaching of the team.
• Coordinating the hygiene strategy across the site and planning up to 6 months ahead.
• Hosting customer visits and vendor liaison.
• Enhancing the health and safety culture across the site
• Management and achievement of KPI’s across the site
• Lead and initiate robust investigations in respect of microbiological improvement
• Accountability for staff Training, Development and Wellbeing in the department (125+).
• Employing effective root cause analysis to drive SMART actions, leading to improved results
• Communication of Hygiene Performance and Plans with other supporting functions eg Engineering – in order to achieve best performance and outcomes.
• Managing the labour and cleaning/chemicals budget as well as forecasting future.
• Site lead for interim cleaning standards.
Experience and Skills:
Candidates will have gained the following experience through previous roles;
• Previous experience leading a Hygiene team in a Chilled Food environment.
• Health & Safety qualifications
• Significant leadership experience
• Structured and logical approach
• Analytical skills / Problem solving skills / change management
• Ability to challenge, identify and deliver Continuous Improvement
• Drive and energy / able to work under pressure
• Excellent Communicator, able to concisely convey complex information in addition to being able to communicate with all levels within the business
Candidates may have gained the following experience through previous roles;
• HACCP team member
• Microbiological knowledge
• Design and build experience
• Project management