Health & Safety Lead
Why work for us?
We’re a fast-growing family company, at the forefront of innovation and always working on our next big opportunity to develop. We have huge diversity, from our sales and marketing team, artisan bakers and chefs to our highly skilled engineers and operatives, we’re a team that’s always growing and expanding!
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation with a site based in Sheerness. We have over 20 years experience in the food business and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and foodservice industry from seven high-tech factories.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Health & Safety Manager / Officer / Co-Ordinator to join our team in Sheerness
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the H&S Strategy (specifically tailored for our site’s current place in the journey, our aspirations and our culture); maintaining our Health & Safety procedures and systems; and taking a lead in driving improved behavioural safety within our teams.
Your duties will include :-
- Maintaining and developing measures and procedures that reduce risks and hazards in the workplace
- Ensuring our legal compliance with Health & Safety legislation
- Act as the H&S champion, advising the Site General Manager and senior team on all Safety aspects
- Represent the (Sheerness) site in Safety forums across the David Woods Baking Group
- Implement and review Risk Assessments and inspection programmes
- Monitor and review compliance, performance and behavioural safety; through audits and KPIs
- Review and deliver training in all matters of Health & Safety
- Raise the levels of safety engagement, awareness and visual management in the workplace
- Coach Team Leaders and Managers in leading on safety
This role will suit candidates who have worked in a manufacturing environment before (it’s brilliant if that’s food production); but we’d also love to work with qualified, knowledgeable, engaging Safety professionals who are adaptable and fancy the challenge that food manufacturing offers.
This has previously been a full time position, but we could consider applicants who’s experiences and achievements suggest we can make progress working together, even on a part-time basis.
We are also open to considering Operational / Production Managers who have a H&S bias and qualifications in what could be a dual Factory / H&S (senior) role. Salary range is therefore quite broad; £30k-£50k depending on the candidate and how we shape the role together.