Salary Details:Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
Shift Details:5 over 7
Job Type:Full Time Permanent
Advertising End Date:23 May 2022
About The Role
Our manufacturing sites are demanding, ever changing and extremely fast paced. We are in the middle of major growth so all our leaders need to be entrepreneurial, be brave in their approach with strong leadership skills. It's their responsibility to ensure our sites are high performing, efficient and a great place to work.
Reporting into the Head of Operations you will manage a team across Production, Technical, Engineering and Hygiene.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Formulating and implementing the manufacturing plan to drive performance improvement
- Building strong commercial relationships within the external manufacturing industry and working with trading, retail, logistics and supply chain partners to ensure improvement of financial performance and the manufacturing of products
- Developing and implementing the growth plan with both Morrisons and external customers including online
- Create a strong customer service culture to ensure a high quality production line with the Morrisons brand
- Identify, develop and launch new product offers to meet customer needs
- Define and deliver a plan to source raw materials at the right time and place
- Listen to and inspire the whole team across your site, creating an inclusive culture
- Motivate your teams to work well across all departments
- Ensure you have the right people in the right place at the right time
- Define and deliver improved financial, quality, service and people KPI's
- Monitor site performance against KPI’s, identify areas for improvement and lead improvement initiatives for high performance and continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance to contribute to outstanding product safety
- Develop and deliver change programmes
- Identify / develop automation plans to step change performance and reduce reliance on people
- Deliver sales and profit in line with the business plan
- Deliver CAPEX projects on budget
As well as the ability to manage on a large scale you must also have...
- Experience of Site Manager/Director level working for an FMCG Manufacturing business
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and industry expertise to run a world class operation
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to create a people driven culture, with a personable approach
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- The ability to drive performance improvement and be able to think outside the box in order to come up with new innovative ideas
- The ability to build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders right up to Executive Board level
- Analytical thinking
- A sound commercial acumen
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, car allowance, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you (15%) and 2 more for friends or family members (10%) at Morrisons. We also offer company retirement saver, free life assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.