There are three primary aspects to the operation: inventory and supply chain management, customer order pick-packing. This role will work across both areas, focusing energy on what matters most. You will be operating in the detail but able to zoom out: one day auditing stock movements, performing investigations, walking the floors and training production teams, the next day collaborating on scaling plans and co-chairing the weekly management meeting.
You will be tasked with creating a collaborative culture with the third-party while challenging them directly when needed - without formal control over the operation, you will need to use influencing and communication skills to achieve results.
Work closely with our 3PL partner to deliver operational excellence on the production line and within the warehouse & supply chain:
- Build strong working relationships with the 3PL team at all levels. Manage the day-to-day relationship including co-chairing the weekly and monthly meetings. Manage the priorities and issue backlog to ensure we’re on top of and focusing our efforts on the right things.
- Set standards and ensuring they are maintained through auditing, record keeping and collaborative action
- Support the delivery >99.5% customer order pick-pack accuracy through a structured approach to:
- Training and documentation
- Process refinement
- Problem solving
- Deliver >99% inventory accuracy through auditing, reporting and reconciliation of end-to-end inventory processes
- Manage supply chain and flow of ambient materials (packaging and marketing materials) into and out of the warehouse, ensuring we have all the materials we need to hand without overstocking
- Identify bottlenecks and iterate processes to enable >100% annual growth and improved efficiency
- Promote a continuous improvement philosophy and culture of quality, encouraging team participation in improvement initiatives
- Audit processes against food safety standards to ensure we’re compliant at all times (temperature control, FEFO stock turning.
You’ll be a great fit here if:
- You are self aware, personable and have high emotional intelligence - you work well within a team and you know how to handle difficult situations and conversations
- You are an experienced operator: you enjoy building and maintaining operational systems as well as recording, interpreting and acting upon KPI’s
- You have experience in a high-speed logistics, stores or manufacturing environment
- You have a ‘hands-on’ on approach on the factory floor but also comfortable in a spreadsheet
- You have a sharp attention to detail - nothing gets past you when you’re on the case.
- You can influence others and get things done, even when you don’t have the reins
- You have strong written communication skills and are able to craft messages in a concise, clear and structured way
- You have solid personal organisation, planning and scheduling skills
- You are encouraged by a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- You’re resilient and stay motivated when working away from your Katkin colleagues
- You own your goals wholeheartedly and take people with you