£42,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Devon (Hybrid Working)
Job ref: 8159
This role is working for an international chilled food business which supplies high-quality products to food manufacturers, foodservice and retail customers.
About the Technical Manager job
Support the Senior Technical Manager in the day-to-day management of the UK technical department to ensure compliance with product safety, authenticity, legality, and quality.
- Manage the product approval process.
- Organise, coordinate, and attend customer visits and audits to supply partners.
- Completion of QAS for customers.
- Management of the technical team.
- Monitor supplier technical performance through audits, SAQ, visits and other methods of review
- Artwork checks for legal and specification compliance.
- Plan and manage BRC and customer audits.
- Management of samples and product testing
- Review, maintain and develop the HACCP, QMS and TACCP/VACCP systems.
- Register, investigate, and contest (where applicable) customer complaints.
- Completion and execution of routine supplier and new supplier audit program.
Skills & experience required for the Technical Manager job
The role would suit an experienced food industry Technical Manager, or you may be a Quality Manager / Quality Systems Manager looking for progression.
- Ideally educated to a degree level in food science, food technology, or related scientific subject.
- Strong food manufacturing technical/quality assurance track record.
- Excellent communication and customer liaison skills.
- Product background in high-care, chilled food is essential.
- Ideally qualified in HACCP, Food Safety, Food Hygiene and Lead Auditor.
- Flexibility to travel both national and international as required to visit customers and suppliers.
The Technical Manager job is based in Devon and is paying £42,000 - £45,000 according to your experience.
The package includes company and individual performance bonus, pension scheme and 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing with years of service).
The standards working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5.30 pm, however some flexibility is available. You can also work at home 1-2 days per week.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Head of Technical | QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | Senior Quality Manager | Food Manufacturing Technical Management Jobs | Food Safety Jobs