A fantastic, UK, award winning food manufacturing client has an opportunity for an NPD Manager
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right person with bundles of energy, drive, and enthusiasm to join a fast-paced team working in the food manufacturing industry!
The NPD Manager will lead and be responsible for the NPD process with key customer accounts. To manage the development of brands and private label business through the NPD procedure in a timely and commercially viable manner. To work with customers on developing long term product development strategies and deliver profitable category or consumer insight driven solutions. To champion the innovation process throughout the business to ensure projects are communicated effectively and evaluated against quantifiable measures. To inspire a foodie culture and consumer driven focus to product development. To wow customers with food insights, product expertise and manufacturing knowledge.
- To lead the gated NPD process within the business for key customers, managing projects and facilitating others to complete their actions on time and to budget.
- Communicate clearly the status of projects and prioritise the projects on a commercial basis to the wider team.
- Develop profitable brand and private label strategies and concepts into viable finished products, championing ROI at each Gate.
- Write product and packaging briefs for suppliers from internal development briefs and manage them through to product sign off with the relevant internal departments’ involvement.
- Present ideas and delicious concepts to customers on or off site in terms of product, packaging, competitive advantage and all supporting rationale & data.
- Ensure that all validation work is carried out on recipe suggestions as per retailer procedures.
- Work with the Process Technologist to ensure factory trials are carried out in the correct manner and that all information generated is recorded and communicated accurately, efficiently & in a timely manner.
- Support the Product Developers and Head of NPD on projects.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all projects and ensure learnings are captured for future developments Support the commercial functions through a close working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Plan & execute presentations of NPD to existing and potential customers Ensure quality and cost are engineered into design, tracking feasibility through the lifecycle of the project.
- All development paperwork is completed fully for Gates and project completion
- And more !!
- 3 years of commercial food development experience
- 2 years of people management experience Motivated and professional
- Clear written and oral communication
- Ability to lead to answers for increasingly large problems and product areas, with corresponding internal thought leadership
- Drives a focus on quality management in all areas of NPD work, from food safety management, raw material approval, nutritional guardianship, and organoleptic properties through to the NPD production
- Drives results and catches mistakes across increasing scope
- Enjoys mentoring, managing, growing teams, and growing organisations
- Have an excellent working knowledge of procedures/systems (including Navision, Stevens, Cape Pack) and be confident to challenge, improve and evolve them.
- Lead by example and manages the Product Developers professional and personal development
- Monday – Friday, 2 days WFH, flexible hours
- 28 days holiday
- Travel, Hotel, and food expenses paid for when travelling to another site. Travelling to the other site will be occasionally