At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy, tasty, delicious mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. Arla Foods has 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Employee Relations Manager to join our HR function based in our UK Head Office in Leeds; with hybrid working available.
Reporting to our Head of HR Operational Services UK you will partner with the UK HR Leadership team and lead the agenda for our 4,000 UK employees.
This role would be perfect for a strong ER Professional or experienced HR Manager who has a real passion for all things Employee Relations and is driven by building a career as a knowledge expert and specialist in a global and fast paced organisation.
If you bring your experience, dedication skills and passion for ER we will support you with opportunities to develop and add value to our UK business in this role in a great team environment!
Areas of responsibility:
- Provide a proactive ER Service by keeping up to date with upcoming legislative and employment practice developments, to anticipate trends and changes that may impact the business
- Direct line responsibility for the ER advisor.
- Provide strategic advice on the prioritisation and design of upcoming negotiation projects with works council bodies.
- Take the lead on all UK Employment Legislation matters at a national, and where required international level.
- Lead all national and local negotiations required including, change management processes, collective consultations and pay award discussions.
- Coordinate ER issues between Corporate, Global and Local HR Business Partners.
- CIPD qualified to a minimum of level 7 with a proven record of managing and resolving complex ER cases
- Experience of working within a unionised environment (Usdoor, GMB & Unite).
- Experience in working with negotiated and non-negotiated workforces and their representatives internally and externally
- You have negotiating experience with local and regional works council committees as well as expertise in project management
- A strong problem solver, with the ability to deliver pragmatic solutions. You have the ability to proactively identify problems and conflicts and to solve them with the necessary sensitivity and confidentiality
- You will have excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to build working relationships quickly, influence stakeholders and push back when required
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit an application.
Please note that this will be an ongoing search, the advert will close as soon as we find the right candidate so please do not delay in applying!