Our client, a multi-site, branded food manufacturer is looking for a Technical Manager on a 12-month FTC for their site based in Leicestershire. The successful candidate will work closely with the Site Factory Manager and other Functional Heads to ensure all aspects of Technical standards and policy are understood, communicated and implemented. You will also be responsible for building and developing the capability of the existing team.
Reporting to the Site Factory Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
• Ensuring Site Senior Management understand & implement all Technical Policies & Standards
• Acting as the guardian of site Quality & Food Safety Standards
• Being a key and active member of the site leadership team contributing to the wider business goals
• Fostering and developing a strong culture of food safety at the site
• Proactive risk management & mitigation for all 'change’ activities including material, process, product & people
• Working with all site functions to deliver a program of ongoing product improvement & consistency, resulting in Customer & Consumer complaint reduction & consistent product quality offering
• Contributing to the Technical Strategy & development of Quality & Food Safety Management Systems
• Contributing to all centrally driven technical initiatives
• Developing technically driven CAPEX plans for the site based on food safety risk, customer standards & quality improvement
• Delivering an ongoing agenda for product & process improvement with respect to quality, food safety, efficiency & waste reduction
Essential / Desirable skills include:
• Demonstrable experience in a Technical Manager / Technical Leadership role within Food Manufacturing
• Experience supplying products to the Major Retailers
• Proven experience in coaching teams and individuals as well as people and team development
• Experience with BRC, HACCP, Auditing, Micro / Allergens, Lean Manufacturing Tools, Hygiene Management / systems
• Cross-functional experience highly desired
• Long established, international, branded Food Manufacturer
• Market leader in its field with an extensive product portfolio
• Supplying the Major Retailers, High Street, On Trade, Wholesale, Travel and Food Service customers
• Multi award-winning, people-focused organisation
The working hours are 40 hours, Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business. The salary for the role is £60k per annum plus a car allowance and an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested, please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-T4643 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.