Our client, a fast-growing Chilled Food Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire, is looking for a Technical Services Technologist to join their Technical Team. The successful candidate will generate and maintain finished product specifications for their diverse range of customers and work with colleagues and customers to respond to and address related queries.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Ensuring finished product specifications are generated to agreed timescales in approved formats for all customers, including retailer-based specifications, ensuring compliance with customer requirements and relevant legislation
- Completion of all technical information requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on finished product specifications
- Ensuring timely review of all finished product specifications
- Working closely with internal departments including Development and Purchasing, and the Supply Base
- Assisting as necessary with the updating and maintenance of raw material specifications and logging of information onto the Company Database, ensuring information is accurate and complete. Gathering required or missing information by liaising with Suppliers, ensuring raw materials comply with any specific customer requirements
- Assisting in third party visits and audits, participating in the company internal audit programme and providing support within the Technical Department
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent in a Food Science related discipline Experience in food manufacturing, ideally chilled Knowledge of food legislation and labelling would be an advantage Conscientious and diligent, with good attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to meet deadlines Flexible, with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure Excellent communication skills An understanding of Technical / Quality Systems including HACCP Competency in Microsoft Word/Excel Confident communicator – obtaining information from suppliers / internally Experience / understanding of providing support on 3rd party visits and audits
- Impressive growth with substantial investment
- Passionate about food, excellent reputation in the Food Industry, flexible and fast-paced
- Bespoke service creating ambient, chilled and frozen products specific to customer requirements
- Diverse range of customers from blue chip food groups, to on trend restaurants
The salary for this role is up to £30,000 per annum, dependent upon experience, and working hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday within office hours.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4648 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.