Risk Management Technologist
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Assist in driving cost reduction and contingency to achieve the commercial targets as set for R&D by making up formulations and sample making for specific projects, as per best practices and as required to meet specified deadlines.
- Gather data, analyse information, and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Evaluate and review full paper specification to report gaps.
- Prepare application into a product as set out by the brief or internal procedures to meet internal customer deadlines. Attend trials in factory.
- Co-ordinate internal evaluation of alternative samples, ensuring all relevant modifications are made which will require sensory testing.
- Report and update on the status of projects on relevant trackers and activity as required.
- Support PPI & NPD Teams as required.
- Food Science and Technology Degree, or relevant experience required.
- Process or NPD background would be beneficial.
- Competent PC Skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to work on own initiative.
- Assertive and able to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Effective time management skills with ability to work to tight deadlines and to deal with constant changes.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 13,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.