Highly competitive salary
Job ref: 8163
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative food manufacturer who can provide a rewarding working environment.
This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
About the Engineering Manager job
You will be responsible for the running of the busy engineering department, ensuring that the factory function in an efficient manner.
You will play an active role in coaching and developing the engineering team and ensure compliance with H&S legislation and business processes. You will also be a key member of the project team seeing each project through from to completion from an engineering perspective.
- Ensure all engineering work is carried out in compliance with Health & Safety at work legislation and the company Health & Safety policy.
- Manage all service contracts and renewals
- Provide a safe, effective, and efficient service for the maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Ensure continuity of production at the required output volumes, quality standards and within budget.
- Provide training and development opportunities for the team
- Carry out performance reviews and disciplinary procedures as required in conjunction with HR.
- Ensure that a robust PPM programme is in place and is adhered to.
- Establish the engineering strategy to achieve overall plant reliability in line with company goals, KPIs and budget.
Skills & experience required for the Engineering Manager job
- Experienced Engineer in a production or FMCG environment - most preferably food or beverage manufacturing, or pharmaceutical.
- Ideally degree/HND educated (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline and 18th Edition would be beneficial.
- Project management and project planning skills, preferably with CAPEX experience.
- Can demonstrate understanding of H&S legislation relating to engineering services, plant, and equipment,
- Able to implement and maintain PPM systems.
- Ideally be degree/HND educated (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline and 18th Edition qualified would be beneficial.
The Engineering Manager job is based in Essex and is paying a highly competitive salary according to your experience.
How to apply
To be considered for the Engineering Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Head of Engineering | Engineering Supervisor | Senior Engineer | Food Manufacturing Engineering Jobs | Multi-skilled Engineer | Food Industry Engineering Jobs