Working for one of the leading food producers within the UK, our client manufactures a range of produces including many well-known branded products.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at one of the business’s flagship sites for a senior Health Safety & Environment professional to join the site leadership team. The role will lead, manage, and continually develop a proactive safety and environmental culture to meet the strategic business needs of the company. The successful candidate will have full responsibilities for ensuring the site complies with all health, safety, and environmental legislation and corporate standards.
- Design, develop and deliver a SHE strategy for the site.
- Advise site management on legal compliance and best practice, ensuring all current SHE legislation is complied with and future legislation is understood and planned for.
- Accountable for the development, management and co-ordination of risk, safety and environmental related systems and processes.
- Work with the leadership team to develop and implement site wide initiatives to embed behavioural safety and best practice approaches.
- Maintain the site’s OHSAS18001 H&S certificate and ISO14001:2015 environmental management system and certificate.
- Lead, develop and engage the HS&E team.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a FMCG environment responsible for Health, Safety & Environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma or National General Certificate.
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent qualification or experience of maintaining ISO14001 environmental management systems.
- Knowledge of SHE legislation.
- Previous Audit experience and ability to lead internal and external health, safety & environmental auditing teams.
- Willing to be flexible and work outside office hours when required.
- Travel to other Premier sites or training locations as necessary.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.