PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies serving more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
Every day millions of people in the UK enjoy our oats, snacks, juices and beverages. The 4,500 strong team behind these household names is spread across our 10 UK sites. Our vision is to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. Behind this vision lies a passion for sustainability and a commitment to doing business in the right way. We strongly believe that integrating purpose into our business strategy will be the key to our future success.
Join the world of PepsiCo Supply Chain, our Cupar manufacturing site in Scotland is our only oats site and has been milling oats for over 100 years. It joined the PepsiCo family in 2001 and produces market-leading products such as Quaker Oats, Quaker OatSo Simple, Scott's Porage Oats and Scott's So Easy. Your leadership, innovation and problem solving skills will be utilised to the fullest; where in this fast paced and ever changing environment, we can go from idea to implementation in a matter of days. You will be inspired by the drive of your team and feel a true sense of connection and comradery with your colleagues who are proud to work in Cupar.
As Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (internally known as Shift Technician) you will provide a high level of technical support to production, ensuring reactive requirements are met, planned maintenance activities are supported and providing technical feedback in all engineering-related activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Effective cross shift communication to ensure prompt resolution of reactive issues - Concise handover between Shift Technicians.
- Provide hands on fault finding/rectification when required.
- Effective link between Operations & Engineering.
- Work with Maintenance Planners and Asset Care Teams to ensure all planned maintenance is completed Support FLM's by providing engineering expertise to sustain shift performance.
- Support contractor activity & electrical/mechanical maintenance activities on shift, using permit to work system (low risk activities & out of hours support).
Engineering Best Practice
- Lead and support improvements through CI initiatives and preventative actions (to include health & safety and food safety actions).
- Support planned & predictive maintenance requirements.
- Drive and own root cause analysis completion.
- Ambassador for engineering standards and best practice across site.
- Effective capture of all reactive/planned maintenance activities in CMMS.
- Play effective role in site maintenance audit and subsequent improvement plans.
What we are looking for:
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with relevant qualifications
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate & software familiarity (word, excel).
- Demonstrate relevant CMMS knowledge.
- Demonstrate problems solving capabilities.
- 18th Edition qualified.
- Good knowledge of PLC controls systems to include programming, maintenance and fault finding. (Ideally experience with Allen Bradley PLC's).
- SAP EAM experience.
- Display coaching & mentoring skills for Shift peers, Apprentices, Manufacturing Technicians and Front Line Employees.
Salary & Benefits:
- £42,670 per annum (inclusive of 23.5% shift allowance)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday (with the option to buy/sell holiday)
- PPE provided by the business
We pride ourselves on our superb workforce. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of the executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.