PEOPLE ADVISOR (HR ADVISOR) FTC
Salary Details:Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
Shift Details:8am - 5pm usually Mon - Fri
About The Role
Our People Advisors are a knowledgeable (and busy) bunch. Managing a HR Assistant they are hands on with all things people related in site. One minute they can be dealing with an ER issue and the next they can be offering guidance and coaching to the site leadership team. It's a fast paced and varied role, but one thing remains consistent, and that's the quality of service to both our internal and external customers.
Reporting to the People Manager you will also:
- Support, coach and challenge line management with absence, disciplinary and grievance issues
- Identify development opportunities to improve soft skills and build future talent
- Lead engaging, proactive communications across the site
- Build positive and effective relationships with unions and agency suppliers
- Reinforce the visions and values in all aspects of work and act as a barometer to colleague morale
- Support and drive colleague engagement on site
- Cover the People Specialise role in their absence
- Lead a number of the projects on the HR plan
- Design and Implement effective recruitment solutions
- Proactively Manage Employee Relations
- Support the People team with day to day admin tasks
As well as a 'hands on' attitude and the ability to react well to change (in a fast moving environment) you will also need to have:
- CIPD (or working towards) or equivalent. With up to date knowledge of employment relations and employment law and how to apply this
- The ability to work in a fast moving HR environment, with manufacturing or logistics experience
- Experience of advising, supporting and coaching managers
- A proactive approach to continuous business improvements
- Experience of implementing processes with a sense of fulfilment
- A high level of customer service with the ability to bend and flex your communication style accordingly
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience of dealing with Unions
- Ability to act on own initiative and 'think outside the box'
- Experience of problem solving tools
- Project Management Skills (not required but would be ideal)
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer a Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.