Manage the direct costs for the site. Ensure that all costs are reported correctly and all variances vs AOP are fully analysed, explained and root caused.Ensure that month end reporting for site direct costs are accurate and all variances explained and linked into QCDM metrics.Responsible for providing base information to feed into forecast.Responsible for AOP builds in TM1 and SAP.Ownership for ensuring that the correct inputs and commentary are provided in relation to cost KPI's in the weekly QCDM reviews.Attend the daily and weekly QCDM, actively participate in these meetings and ensure that there is alignment on the cost KPI's between operational teams and finance, and providing coaching if required.Use the outputs of the Daily and Weekly QCDM meetings to build commentary, analyse trends and partner the operational teams to improve future performance.Ensure GCS and SOX compliance.Support the Business Partner and SFM with other work streams as required.Provide cover for the MOH and Projects Management Accountants when required.
- Responsible for the daily and weekly financial reporting and analysis of all direct costs for the site.
- Ownership of period end reporting, ensuring that this is accurate and that all variances can be explained and reported in the appropriate column on the site template.
- Business partner the site shift leadership team (crewing, performance, inventory and PGT co-ordinators) and specialists, focussing on maintaining the standard.
- Attend and actively participate in the daily and weekly QCDM.
- Ownership of the direct costs AOP build, providing explanation for the year on year cause of change, and loading into TM1.
- Provide data to support commercial change, productivity and capital projects.
- Support Business Partner and SFM to deliver site financial priorities.
- Ensure GCS and SOX compliance is adhered to at all times.
Responsibility for the reporting and control of an AOP spend in excess of £11mm. All major variances investigated and reported as deemed necessary. Decisions made on the accruals & prepayments at period end. AOP built and submitted in line with BU deadlines. Understanding of manufacturing accounts, BOM's, labour recovery, including an understanding of the debits and credits behind these transactions. Ensure GCS and SOX compliance.
Non - Financial
Build excellent relationships with on shift peer group (level 5 leadership team), attend daily and weekly QCDM and actively participate to help drive results. Build relationships to be seen as an extended member of the on shift leadership team, providing challenge when appropriate.Period close: Autonomous role, decisions on financial variances to accept/investigate against a deadline. Discusses position with Site Finance Manager and Business Partner prior to closure.Inputs provided for forecast and AOP to SFM and Business Partner, must be confident to take ownership of inputs and ensure that these are correct.Ensure GCS and SOX compliance.Ensure that they attend QCDM meetings fully prepared with all information to enable questions to be answered during the meeting.Ensure that they have enough knowledge about their site at all times to enable them to be the site financial representative during QCDM meetings and to make the right decisions to support the shift teams.
AAT qualified (or equivalent)
Early stages of professional accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
Manufacturing accounting experience
Experience of working with Lean manufacturing (QCDM)
Advanced Excel skills
Drive for results/ability to work under pressure (role is deadline driven)
Ability to influence upwards to affect the results & progress of the action plan & AOP.
Communication skills to all levels