Drayton are delighted to be supporting an iconic UK business as they seek to recruit a Head of Procurement to lead a sizeable function in a dynamic and progressive organisation.
Responsible for a sizeable procurement team, this is a change role that will require the Head of Procurement to redefine the activities of the function and deliver significantly improved ways of working. The business has huge ambitions and the the Head of Procurement will need to be able to deliver change within an organisation where the only blocker is the drive and capability of the team. The key responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage and coach the procurement team ensuring that individuals are motivated and stretched and ultimately identifying succession and development opportunities
- Delivering sustainable product cost reductions across the current supplier base and, as required, identifying alternative suppliers to deliver forecasted cost savings.
- Lead a team of expert category managers responsible for purchasing essential materials and services for the efficient operation of the business
- Manage supplier performance and identify opportunities for delivering improved cost or more efficient solutions for the business.
- Identify potential market threats and put in place contingencies to mitigate these risks.
- Liaise with the board to ensure the procurement function are leading and supporting the right initiatives with clear alignment to the business strategy and objectives
- A proven influencer who has the ability to align key stakeholders with the procurement function's vision whilst recognising the need of procurement to align with the wider business goals.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills. Someone who will thrive in an environment where there is a need to challenge whilst retaining engagement.
- An enjoyment of playing and winning within a team and a desire to seek to create direct, honest discussions. An excellent capacity to embrace the change around you and the change you create.
- Someone who would be looking for personal development and would see this as an opportunity to join an ambitious business of a size and scale that could offer longer term career options.