Multi Skilled Engineer
Engineering support is vital to ensure production downtime is minimized, machine performance is continually enhanced, and improved efficiencies are achieved on the line.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Electrical & Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance on machinery and equipment
• Ensure that equipment is fit for purpose on a daily basis and attend breakdowns as necessary
• Document and monitor all line downtime and breakdown
• Ensure a robust shift handover, report issues to be prioritised
• Ensure critical issues are raised to minimise disruption to operational performance
• Complete routine fault finding and assist with PLC programming; participate in SCADA/PLC training to provide cover
• Assist production with machine setup and train on basic machine activity
• Control contractors on site, completing permits to work and relevant documentation
• Ensure plant and equipment is operated and operating in the correct manner in line with H&S
An Electrically biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, with significant post apprenticeship experience and an Engineering qualification in Electrical and / or Mechanical maintenance. You will have manufacturing industry experience, ideally FMCG, Packaging or Food. You will have extensive skills in relation to Electrical Systems, Electrical Control, Fault finding and Mechanical Engineering. You'll also have experience of PLCs and pneumatics and ideally will have some experience of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.