Technical Team Leader
Up to £32,000
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking established food business based in Essex
Support the technical function to ensure the site meets the required standards for BRC and all Retail and Industrial customer audit standards.
Duties and responsibilities
• Maintain food safety and quality management systems are in place.
• Effectively manage daily technical issues with technical team and coordinate technical team’s daily activities to ensure a smooth, reliable and accurate supply of product to the business.
• Coordinate the ‘Specification and Technical Services Technologists Team’ with data input and completion of technical and quality documentation.
• Preliminary Approval and Supplier approval progress for existing and new products and communicating final approval to new suppliers following a final decision from Manager.
• Maintain the raw material and packaging risk assessments and maintaining and publishing supplier’s approval list including raw materials, outsourced processing and packing suppliers and services supplier’s list.
• Manage ingredient and packaging specifications, ensuring they are correct, up to date, following document control procedures, available when required and approved prior to new product launches.
• Manage the label generation process from supplier raw material spec generation through to product launch and generating accurate Technical Specifications and labelling for all products produced on site.
• Ensuring that labels and artwork is compliant, correct, and reflective of the specification; all products comply with relevant labelling legislation in the country that they are exported to and customer’s standards, agreed timescales and launch deadlines are met. Sign off artwork for new or amended designs.
• Completion of technical information (food safety, allergens, ingredient declarations, etc.) requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on product databank.
• Maintenance and management of product databank (including BOM’s, datasheets, specifications, recipe sheets, QAS’s).
Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to a degree level within a food related discipline preferable or 3+ years’ experience in a technical role.
- Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment (raw materials, branded and bulk/retail finished products) and an evident passion for the food industry.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of technical systems including HACCP, supplier approval, assurance and management, BRC and retailer standards/audits and codes of practice.
- In-depth knowledge working on web-based specifications systems with previous knowledge of food legislation, labelling and experience in recipe management, nutrition calculations, allergen, and ingredient declarations, and artwork approval.
- Good understanding of NPD process.