Pontefract (Home of Butterkist popcorn)
As our R&D Technician, you will support in delivering all aspects of the R&D projects in line with the customer and internal briefs. This will involve collaboration with key stakeholders and manage cross-functional relationships across the business to enable the delivery of projects.
The R&D Technician will be expected to be conversant with the range of site technologies and participate fully in factory trials to ensure products are successfully transferred to the Manufacturing team.
As Research & Development Technician, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Focused mainly at Pontefract, with flexibility to help at other sites if required
- Coordination of bench trials and support for factory trials
- Daily/Weekly contact with Product Development Manager, Site operational and technical teams. Coordination with procurement and suppliers for the ordering and delivery of samples
- Contact with Sales and Marketing teams, R&D Manager and the Head of R&D
The multi-award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
We are also incredibly proud to have been named as one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies and one of the Top 10 Food & Drink Companies to work for in the UK (via Best Companies)
Key knowledge, skills and experience:
- Flexible, highly motivated self-starter
- Project management disciplines an advantage
- Essential communication with good interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Team Player- works as part of the R&D team and cross-functional teams
- Technical/Process proficiency
- Skills to influence and negotiate
- Pro-active team member
- PC Skills – excel, word, PowerPoint
- A levels/ B Tech – Science/Food Technology based or equivalent
- Previous NPD/Technical/Process skills within the food sector ideal
- Experience in working with seasonings/ambient stable products is an advantage
- Knowledge of Laboratory/factory environment