£30,000 - £35,000
Job ref: 8115
You will be working for an extremely successful and well-established manufacturer which is dedicated to producing high quality, authentic products.
They are dedicated to supplying the retail, wholesale, and foodservice sectors with a continuously evolving range to meet customer needs.
About the Specifications Technologist job
Under the direction of the Head of Technical, the purpose of the role is to provide technical support to the company and to liaise with both suppliers and customers on technical requirements.
- Ensure the company’s food safety and quality objectives are met.
- Compile, review, and update finished product specifications using both generic and retailer portals.
- Compile and maintain raw material specifications and coordinate with suppliers to obtain COAs/COCs as required.
- Keep up to date with legislation to ensure company compliance.
- Assist in the benchmarking of products.
- Ensure new products are analysed to customer requirements, nutrition, and shelf life.
- Complete quality attribute sheets and any other technical documentation required.
Skills & experience required for the Specifications Technologist job
- Solid food industry technical and specifications experience.
- IT literate including Excel and working knowledge of customer portals/retailer specifications.
- Ideally a holder of HACCP and Internal Audit qualifications.
- A background of working with multi-component food products is preferred to be able to calculate ingredient declaration of complex products.
- Experience using NutriCalc or equivalent.
The Specifications Technologist job is based in West London and is paying £30,000 - £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, standards office hours.
How to apply
To be considered for the Specifications Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Specification Technologist | Specifications Writer | Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Technologist | Food Industry Specifications Jobs