Process NPD Technologist
Monmouthshire, South Wales
Job ref: 8167
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to food manufacturers, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
About the Process NPD Technologist job
As a key part of the NPD team, your role will be to support the food product development process and support from handover to first production and launch.
- Organise and run trials for new products and EPD projects, ensure raw materials are received and checked and that trial reports are correct with all data gathered.
- Day to day upkeep of the recipe system and manufacturing instructions and ensure any amends to existing recipes and worksheets are communicated.
- Work closely with the Development Chefs, NPD Technologists, operations, and commercial teams from the initial concept through to launch.
- Ensure that all trials are booked in and processed correctly for external testing – micro, cook validation and nutrition.
- Attend first production of NPD and EPD including packaging.
- Support the team with cost reduction projects and product re formulation/improvement plans.
Skills & experience required for the Process NPD Technologist job
- Degree educated in food science, food technology or related subject or equivalent experience.
- Preferably have experience in food product development with knowledge of factory processes and conducting factory trials - this could be from a university placement.
- Level 2 Food Safety certificate and Level 2 HACCP qualification are both desirable.
- Experience of working with food service customers and retailers is an advantage.
The Process NPD Technologist job is based in Monmouthshire, South Wales and is paying £25,000.
The package includes an annual bonus, 33 days of annual leave including bank holidays, and an allocated parking space.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm with flexibility required for conducting factory trials etc. (early mornings/late nights and some Saturdays).
How to apply
To be considered for the Process NPD Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Process Development Technologist | Process Technologist | Product Launch Coordinator | Development Process Technologist | Process NPD Jobs | Food Manufacturing Process Development Jobs