Our client, a dual-site well-established food business is looking for an Assistant Technical Manager for their sites based in Gloucestershire. The successful candidate will assist the Technical Manager by maintaining the food safety, quality and technical systems across the business as well as helping with customer support.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
• Maintaining the Quality System and ensuring it remains up to date
• Inspecting and sampling incoming non-bulk raw materials
• Managing the environmental sample program, waters and swabs
• Conducting GMP and Internal audits
• Dealing with customer requests for SAQs, specifications etc.
• Maintaining and updating product and customer specifications on various platforms
• Conducting product traces, recall exercises and mass balance checks for third party audits
• Liaising with pest contractors and ensuring that any issues raised during audits are resolved
• Assisting the Technical Manager with BRC, Customer and other third-party audits
• Assisting with the training of new staff in areas such as induction, personnel hygiene, GMP and metal detection etc.
• Maintaining the customer complaint and non-conformance log and assisting with resolution and investigation
• Maintaining the approved suppliers’ log
• Assisting the purchasing department with the approval of new suppliers and new raw materials and packaging
Essential / Desirable skills include:
• Experience in a similar Technical / Quality role in the Food Industry
• Good technical knowledge and an enthusiasm to learn
• An ability to develop excellent colleague, customer and supplier relationships
• Experienced in-house auditor with a knowledge of BRC requirements
• An enthusiasm to continuously improve the product quality, through analysis and investigation
• A UK Driving Licence
• Well established, dual site Food Business
• Their heritage drives them, but they are still looking forward with a high focus on sustainability, protecting the environment and safeguarding the products of the earth
• Wide range of products, with customers ranging from large multi-national companies to independent manufacturers
The working hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with flexibility to meet the needs of the business. The salary for the role is up to £35,000 per annum dependant on experience. A driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential due to the location of the sites and it will be necessary to travel between them.
If you are interested, please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4649 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.