£40,000 - £50,000
Job ref: 8172
The business produces and supplies frozen products to a wide customer base including major retail and large catering clients. Always striving for high quality and providing excellent service, the company always puts their customers first to ensure their continued success.
About the Technical Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to lead, manage, maintain, and develop a programme of food safety quality assurance to ensure products are safe, legal, and legal and have the qualitys that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Check the quality of manufactured products and ensure package integrity.
- Audit and monitor the operational area Critical Control Points. Issuing any required non-conformances.
- Assess raw materials, work in progress and finished products against agreed specifications and quality standards.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a ‘quality culture’ and ensure all staff carry out their duties within that quality and safety framework.
- Ensure health and safety, food safety, legality, integrity, quality, and environmental obligations are met.
- Manage the development and implementation of the BRC Global Standard, communicating any changes and updates.
- Prepare the site and personnel for BRCGS and customer audits and provide technical expertise during site visits.
- Undertake complaint investigations through root cause analysis and ensure all non-conformances are logged and investigated.
Skills & experience required for the Technical Manager job
- Strong quality assurance/technical track record within food manufacturing.
- Ideally educated to a degree level in food science or food safety discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of food safety requirements, standards and legislation including BRC global standard.
- Ideal qualifications include a minimum of Level 3 HACCP, Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Internal Auditing etc.
The Technical Manager job is based in West Sussex and is paying £40,000 - £50,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 42 hours per week.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Head of Technical | QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | Senior Quality Manager | Food Manufacturing Technical Management Jobs | Food Safety Jobs