PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $68 billion in net revenue in 2020, driven by a complimentary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com. Job purpose:
- Ensuring that the site complies with Environmental Legislation and operates within the internal (Global Environmental, Health and Safety Management System) and the UK Focus Top Risks and the external ISO 14001 standard
- Owning multiple standards across the Environmental Compliance model - as defined by Manager . including Incident Investigation and Risk Assessment
- Providing regular coaching and support to site ReCON & Green teams
- Be a trained auditor able to externally audit other UK sites.
- Owning the Environmental Management aspect of the agenda including all Technical Standards and be responsible for the governance of the RECON program and me usage utilities aspects of the site - eg YOY usage and targets
- Providing expert guidance on Environment related matters and give information, advice and coaching on relevant legislation and internal EHS systems and reinforcement of site standards.
- To be an active member of a site QCDM team and be an active participant in the daily and weekly process. This is a fundamental aspect of this role and how we operate in a Lean environment needs to be fully understood.
- Assisting the site Management Team, Duty Holders and committee's (via direct ownership) to meet the site targets of Environmental risk management and incident reduction, and drive proactive Environmental culture through effective communications and continuous improvement
- Assisting with budget development and monitoring of Environmental related costs
- Being involved in change management projects to ensure safe execution of all change and
- Partnering operations leaders to conduct effective investigations and develop sustainable plans to minimise non- conformances
- Supporting the wastewater treatment and anaerobic digestion plants in maintaining environmental compliance and adherence to permits.
- Experience of a regulatory driven environment & knowledge of relevant legislation (Environment, Health and Safety)
- Understanding of lean principles, loss identification & problem solving
- Effective communicator: able to tailor messaging appropriately to a wide range of stakeholders
- Effective decision maker: able to respond and make timely decisions, both directly and indirectly as a coach and subject matter expert. Ability to assess situation and recognise when to escalate.
- Technical competence: NEBOSH Environmental Diploma and Environmental NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent or capability to complete within defined timeline. WAMITAB Level 4 certification (operator competency for waste facilities).