Just Food Recruitment, part of The JFR Group is searching for an enthusiastic Shift Leader to join this food manufacturer on a permanent contract.
Overall responsibility for a number of the operational areas of the manufacturing process on your shift, ensuring the delivery of high standards of quality and that product produced is to the Company specification and in line with CCP, GMP, H&S and agreed KPI targets.
To contribute to and drive the business plan to exceed the budgeted financial targets by maximising the efficiency and performance of the people and equipment within all the manufacturing departments on your shift.
Specific Area Role Accountabilities:
- Business Performance improvement - To ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across all areas of responsibility, ensuring that KPIs are understood and systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance and action improvements when required.
- Resource Management - Plan, organise and measure resources in terms of Productivity (people), Efficiency (equipment) and Yield (materials) within all areas to ensure agreed targets are met e.g. cost and quality parameters.
- Compliance Standards - To lead and drive standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within all areas through Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) to ensure that both business and customer standards are maintained at audit ready status at all times. Working closely with the Compliance Team and partnering cross-functionally to achieve the highest of standards and to meet all customer and legal requirements.
- Resource & Development – Responsible for the recruitment of the right calibre of people for all roles within the shift. Own the training and development of individuals within their teams to enable clear progression through coaching, training and development and to ensure that the necessary skills are in place at all levels, at all times. To appropriately manage the performance of all team members through the use of the company performance management systems (e.g. appraisal). Working closely with the HR Team and partnering cross-functionally to ensure following Company policy, best practice and to meet all legal requirements.
- Employee Relations – Supports and encourages the company values and a positive culture within their area, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management. Supports an effective Employee Forum representation structure within their shift. Customer Service - To ensure customer needs are met to an optimum level at all times whilst building and maintaining good customer relations, with both internal and external customers.
- Communication – To ensure that staff in all areas across the shift are well-informed by making sure that mechanisms are in place and utilised to provide effective communication in terms of relevant content, clarity, appropriateness and timing. Health and Safety - To pro-actively manage and ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets all the standards set out in the Company Health and Safety policy.
Ideally you will have some experience either in a professional kitchen or a food manufacturing environment with experience of managing a team or area
The hours may vary but the potential shifts are the Back Shift (3pm to 11:00pm) Sunday through to Thursday, or Monday to Friday (9:30 to 6pm). Flexibility will be required.
To learn more please apply and a member of the team will be in touch.
The JFR Group are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.